In November I will be returning to Bangkok to start four months of travelling in South East Asia. My flight is booked and I will head out on the 8th before meeting with friends and starting a tour of Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and North Thailand.
During this trip, I am taking some time out from work completely so I can concentrate on travelling and seeing the countries. This is something that limited me slightly during my last trip to Thailand. While I loved being able to work and live in a different country, I still longed to leave it all behind and travel with a clear mind.
This time we will also join the Full Moon Party on Had Rin Beach, Koh Phangan on New Year’s Eve. These parties are legendary and with some friends to go with this will be a highlight of the trip for sure.
Some changes this time around:
- Backpack – I am travelling lighter and more efficiently this time
- Walking Footwear – Trekking is on the agenda, so a good pair of these is essential
- Couch Surfing – I have signed up for the website but never used it, and I intend to get involved this time
- No Laptop – A brave decision… but for a number of weeks, I will be backpacking and won’t have room for expensive equipment
- Language – I am going to improve my Thai before and during my trip
- More blogging – I will keep this very blog up to date more often
- Better Pictures – A new camera will hopefully result in better and more pictures
Get notified of new posts: